News: search results for 'sainsburys'
I heard rumours of this earlier in the week but now LostInTranslation and others have confirmed that there will indeed be a half price sale, starting tomorrow. They have held them at this time of the year for the last couple of years and if comments on articles about the previous occasions are anything to go by, you can expect complete and utter pandemonium in the toy aisle. Best get there early then, before the mums-with-prams brigade are out and about...
Update: The mums-with-prams and hoardes of scalpers were out in force, but earlier than I anticipated. Some were even queueing at the crack of dawn before the shops opened, by all accounts. Tell us your experience in the comments.
Several people reported that LEGO and other toys are half price in Sainsburys from today until next Tuesday. I didn't post about it earlier because LEGO wasn't included on their website so I assumed it wasn't among the 'selected toys' that were. However it's now been confirmed that in store it IS half price, so get down your local branch ASAP!
Here are a few items of news that have been brought to my attention over the last few days:
- Prince of Persia sets are now available from LEGOshop.com in central Europe, including Germany.
- Toys R Us in the UK has many of the new train sets and the 3221 truck in store and online.
- Sainsburys in the UK has a buy 2 get one free offer on City sets.
- The shuttle 10213 will be available from LEGOshop.com on June 30 in the US and a week later in the UK and elsewhere in Europe.
- Marketing Magazine has an article about the marketing of the collectable figs.
Thanks to everyone that keeps us updated so we can keep you updated.
Thanks to everyone who emailed to tell me about this yesterday. Unfortunately I've been away on business and didn't get a chance to post an article about it until now.
So better late than never, check out your local store and see what's left. My experience has been that even huge Sainsburys stores don't carry very much LEGO beyond Bionicle so don't get your hopes up. The offer is also available online but everything is now sold out!
[Note to self: get a netbook to avoid posting delays in future!]