Image improvements continue
It's been a quiet few days for news, but I've been busy behind the scenes scanning my instruction covers. I've now done all the sets I own that were released prior to 2000 (that came with instructions), which is some 566 new scans. Shortly, I will make the full-sized 150dpi scans available, too.
That's all well and good but I still need your help! There are loads of sets I don't own and that we don't have an image for, or don't have a decent image.
To make it easy for you to see which sets in your collection we need scans for, I've created a couple of queries:
- Sets I own, released before 2000, that need a better picture will show you, as its name suggests, all the sets you own that we need a better picture for.
- Sets I own without an image will show you sets that we don't have an image for at all.
So, if you (a) find sets on the lists (b) have a scanner (c) have time, please send me some scans! Ideally they will be
- Of as-new or lightly creased instruction covers, or polybags
- Scanned at 150dpi, with descreening enabled (I use screen ruling 175dpi fine print on my Epson), or if they are small, scanned at 240 or 300dpi.
- Saved as JPGs at a quality of 90% (0.9)
If you have a few to send you can email them (huw at brickset.com), but if you'd prefer I can share a DropBox folder with you, which makes transferring large files much easier.
Thanks to everyone who's started to send theirs through: I have a slight backlog but I should get them uploaded soon.
While you're going though your collection, I'll crack on with 2000 onwards...